Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lost

"It's not unusual to feel lost in the middle of our lives while sitting in our own living room, and it's possible to remain lost for months, years, or permanently. Lost souls" (Bill Plotkin, innerself.com).

Being "lost" was one of the topics of discussion in my first meeting with Lauren. It's also something I've been interested in since the beginning of the summer when I started traveling cross-country. I've been thinking about the idea of being lost in everyday life, even when you're surrounded by others. Primarily, I am interested in being lost within nature and our surrounding environment. I've started doing meditations in remote locations, trying to figure this all out. I think what I am working towards this semester is trying to answer all of my questions about being lost in life and seeking inner happiness. What it takes to find inner peace, I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping with my photography I can figure that out.

"When wandering, there is immense value in "finding ourselves lost" because we can find something when we are lost, we can find our selves. Indeed, the deepest form of wandering requires that we be lost" (innerself.com).

Solnit, Rebecca. A Field Guide to Getting Lost. New York: Penguin, 2006. Print.

"Either you will go through this door or you will not go through. If you go through there is always the risk of remembering your name..." (Adrienne Rich)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3fdZewJc3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment