Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Alone

"There is sanctuary in being alone with nature" (Johnathon Lockwood Huie). 


"The point is not to separate you from the world, but to make you a healthy person. When you build your inner muscles, your mind becomes sound and vigorous. You realize you can be alone" (Jainworld.com).




Thompson, Robb. Solitary Refinement: the Hidden Power of Being Alone. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2007. Print.


I chose to write about being alone this week. For me there is nothing better than being in a new place experiencing all that place has to offer. I enjoy being around others and being by myself. There's just a certain feeling you get when you realize that you are completely and utterly alone. Sometimes that can be scary but at the same time it is thrilling. I love being able to explore and photograph. I feel like I make better images when I am alone because I can fully connect to my environment without being distracted by others. I want to show my viewers beautiful images and create an experience for them, using sound and film. I would like to be able to create an environment that means something different for each person; ideally, each person would have their own separate experience so that a few people could be in a room together and still have their own moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment